This page is for a few of you who got my 2012 Christmas card.
"Some holiday things can't be 'splained."
And now, here is what I have to say about all that. Going clockwise, starting from the upper left (aka, the mohawk picture):
- On the way to the Santa's Replacement Elves auditions after the regular elves went on strike. Or, "what I looked like after trying to buy gifts."
- Like I said, some things can't be 'splained. But can't you feel the warmth of the painting?
- Beersletoe. Or holiday cheer, Hawai'ian style. No, I am not blowing YOU a kiss. Especially Uncle Mark. That would be gross. That's for the Longboard. Wait. That sounds weird too. Really I am celebrating passing the audition!
- Look! I got my license to drive Santa's sleigh!
- Global warming means less snow up north. But unholy (night) mud. I had to push the sleigh out of the mud. Repeatedly.
- The grinning man is trying to hide the smoking hole in the ground. I should not have tried to take out Santa's sleigh after the beersletoe. Or at least the beersletoe picture. Ooops. No elves nor reindeer were harmed; all ejected safely.
Ok, ok. Real photo credits.
- Self portrait on the way to a marathon after having just run a 50k (31 mile race). Yes, I was super tired.
- That is a super famous painting at the Art Institute of Chicago. And whatever you do, do NOT call it the "Chicago Art Museum."
- Yeah. I'm still not blowing a kiss at you.
- I just won a major award at the Xterra World Championship half marathon! Actually, that's a fib. The piece of paper shows my time. Which was... not very good. But man was that pretty. They filmed Jurassic Park there!
- My legs were covered with mud after the Free State Trail Marathon in 2010. I STILL have mud in places you don't want to know about.
- That's Kilauea's Halemaumau crater erupting behind me. Suh-weet. Looking. It smelled like toots. Not sweet.